Collected by Sharon Hunter
Provincia de Puntarenas, Monte Verde, Costa Rica
The cloud forests of the Monteverde and Santa Elena national parks remain relatively uncrowded thanks mainly to a long stretch of unpaved road that keeps the tour buses at bay and a local community that’s lobbying hard to stem the tourist flow. To...
Pohara 7183, New Zealand
There aren't too many hikes in the world that start with a ride on a water taxi, but that's how our hike on the Abel Tasman Trail began. We boarded our Sea Shuttle taxi off the beach in Kaiteriteri at 9:15am. Our taxi took us past a tiny island...
Limón Province, Costa Rica
Tucked in the Rainforest of Costa Rica is this incredible Ecolodge. We whitewater rafted all morning to arrive at the lodge, our river guides acted as chefs and general grounds keepers upon arrival, and we were treated to the absolute best food we...
Provincia de Puntarenas, Pavones, Costa Rica
I volunteered here for almost a month and had an amazing time. You can also just stay as a guest, but staying a little longer to participate with other volunteers made for an incredibly rewarding experience. Described as a "rustic yoga center and...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local