Collected by Philippa Fryman
Osa Peninsula, Puntarenas Province, Costa Rica
Discover the rich coast of Costa Rica on an off the beaten path adventure to the remote Osa Peninsula, a quintessential rainforest and jungle destination. Jurassic beaches, lush rainforests, jungle backwaters, abundant wildlife, and secluded...
Parque Nacional Volcán Poas, Provincia de Alajuela, Costa Rica
Costa Rica, like most of the rest of Central America, is volcanically endowed. Climbing up to the summit of one seems to be on everyone's list--who doesn't want to stare into a steaming crater? Do this easily near San José. The Volcán Poás...
Puntarenas Province, Jaco, Costa Rica
It's our last day of surf camp at Waves Costa Rica and our instructor, Allen, has surprised us with a visit to Jaco beach. We sit in the back of the school's van and watch experienced surfers shred as the day ends with a fiery sunset over the...
Cantón de Aguirre, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
A stunning national park on the Pacific coast, Manuel Antonio has it all: nonstop beautiful beaches, lush tropical rain forest, and oh, the wildlife and flowers, everywhere you look. Monkeys abound on these beaches, and they are not timid around...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village