Collected by Philippa Fryman
Osa Peninsula, Puntarenas Province, Costa Rica
Discover the rich coast of Costa Rica on an off the beaten path adventure to the remote Osa Peninsula, a quintessential rainforest and jungle destination. Jurassic beaches, lush rainforests, jungle backwaters, abundant wildlife, and secluded...
Parque Nacional Volcán Poas, Provincia de Alajuela, Costa Rica
Costa Rica, like most of the rest of Central America, is volcanically endowed. Climbing up to the summit of one seems to be on everyone's list--who doesn't want to stare into a steaming crater? Do this easily near San José. The Volcán Poás...
Puntarenas Province, Jaco, Costa Rica
It's our last day of surf camp at Waves Costa Rica and our instructor, Allen, has surprised us with a visit to Jaco beach. We sit in the back of the school's van and watch experienced surfers shred as the day ends with a fiery sunset over the...
Puntarenas Province, Quepos, Costa Rica
A stunning national park on the Pacific coast, Manuel Antonio has it all: nonstop beautiful beaches, lush tropical rain forest, and oh, the wildlife and flowers, everywhere you look. Monkeys abound on these beaches, and they are not timid around...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019