Collected by Staci Dufrene
17320 Tossa de Mar, Girona, Spain
Tossa de Mar, along the Costa Brava, is just under two hours away from Barcelona by bus, but it feels worlds away. Even on an overcast evening, the quaint little town still manages to shine. Hotel Cap d'Or, on the edge of the main strip, is a...
Plaça Atlàntic, 2, 17210 Palafrugell, Girona, Spain
I realize that this is a highlight that may not even need words, since the image is so very convincing. If you find yourself exploring the Costa Brava ('Rugged Coast') of Spain, be sure not to miss the beach town of Calella and have lunch at the...
Carrer Bonastruc de Porta, 4, 17001 Girona, Spain
Costa Brava has no shortage of great eats, but I kept returning to Txalaka because it not only offered a reasonable 3-course lunch (for 11 euros) but also a sprawling offering of tapas at night, at 1 eur 60 each. With cheerful staff who took great...
17255 Fornells, Girona, Spain
The dramatic geography of 'Costa Brava' favors the natural occurrence of many fantastic beaches, some of them more suited for swimming than others. Having arrived to Fornells for a short stopover, I asked locals how to find the closest beach....
- 1 Natural Wonders “Unbearable” Crowds Force California Town to Restrict Access to Poppy Bloom
- 2 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots
- 3 National Parks California Wildflowers: Where and When to Find Them During the Super Bloom
- 4 Travel News Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Is Opening Soon—Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- 5 Travel Tips How to Get the Best Last-Minute Travel Deals