Collected by JuliaG
Presqu'île de la Parata, Route des Sanguinaires, 20000 Ajaccio, France
Young and poor, but frequent-flier-mile rich, my wife and I were able to go to Corsica for our first anniversary...Staying with friends always helps...They lived in Ajaccio, (birthplace of Napoléon Bonaparte), and at sunset one evening, they took...
1 Barcaggio, 20275 Ersa, France
Cap Corse is a thin strip of land in Northern Corsica stretching towards the Italian region of Liguria and called 'the finger'. It is possibly the wildest and less spoilt part of the island and offers plenty of untouched beaches, beautiful hiking...
Porragia Island, France
On a recent trip to Corsica, I decided to bring my family to the Lavezzi Islands. Accessed by a one-hour ferry ride from the port of Bonifacio, the archipelago is a terrific destination for a day trip. The main island is a natural preserve covered...
For our first visit to Corsica, friends encouraged us to start in the south- the Michelin-starred stronghold of the island and beachy birthplace of Napoleon. But crisp turquoise water and a mountainous landscape awaited to the north. We began in...
- 1TSA Implements New Carry-On Rules for Powders
- 2There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 3How to Take the Houseboat Vacation of Your Dreams This Summer
- 4Secluded Mountain Restaurants That Are Worth the Trek
- 5A Travel Company Wants to Send You on a 2,200-Mile Mystery Trip Through Central Asia