Collected by Rachael Rowe , AFAR Local Expert
Trebah Garden Trust, Mawnan Smith, Falmouth TR11 5JZ, UK
Trebah is an exquisite sub tropical garden that has been restored over the years to become one of the most beautiful to visit in South West England. There are around four miles of paths that lead visitors past rhododendrons and magnolias in...
B3273, Pentewan, Saint Austell PL26 6EN, UK
At one time Heligan was a large country estate with magnificent gardens and grounds tended by a team of experienced gardeners. With the onset of World War One all the gardeners were called up to fight in the battlefields. Tragically, the gardeners...
Feock TR3 6QL, UK
Spring is a wonderful time to visit Trelissick Gardens in Cornwall. Once a stately manor this country estate is now a magnificent garden on the banks of the River Fal. This is a garden where the plant hunters and travellers have left their mark...
Mawnan Smith, Falmouth TR11 5JZ, UK
Glendurgan has been described as, "A Little Piece of Heaven," which is truly fitting. This is another of Cornwall's historic gardens and was designed by Quakers. The sub tropical climate and the sheltered spot on the Helford River is perfect for...
Holmbush Rd, Holmbush, Saint Austell PL25 3RQ, UK
Of all the gardens in Cornwall Pine Lodge in St Austell is one of my favourites and one of Cornwall's best kept secrets. The Clemo family created this beautiful garden and have a real passion for gardening and horticulture. They combined this with...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village