Cork Top 5
Collected by Aoife O Riordain
Bishop St, The Lough, Cork, Ireland
One of Cork’s most iconic sights is the trio of elegant spires topping St. Fin Barre’s Cathedral, which can be seen from all over the city. Built in the 19th century for the Anglican Church on the reputed spot where Fin Barre established a...
University College, Cork, Ireland
One of the most recent additions to the city’s architectural landscape is the strikingly modern silhouette of the Lewis Glucksman Gallery that sits on the leafy grounds surrounding University College Cork. Bestowed with numerous architectural...
Church St, Shandon, Cork, Ireland
“'Tis the bells of Shandon, that sound so grand on the pleasant waters of the River Lee...." So goes a line of the song “The Bells of Shandon,” penned by local writer Francis Mahony, who was also known as Father Prout. It’s a rite of passage for...
Monacnapa, Blarney, Co. Cork, Ireland
It requires some low-level gymnastics to do it, but local legend claims that anyone who kisses the Blarney Stone, set into the wall below the battlements of Blarney Castle, will be blessed with the gift of gab. The 15th-century tower is a...
Tourist Information Office, Pier Road, Sleveen, Kinsale, Co. Cork, Ireland
One of Ireland’s most enchanting seaside towns, Kinsale is just 25 kilometers south of Cork. Its jumble of mainly Georgian and Victorian architecture climbs up Compass Hill from the water’s edge. There's a pretty sheltered harbor dotted with...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles