Connective Journeys: Trips that Make You Feel A Part of the World
Collected by Kristin Zibell , AFAR Local Expert
This wanderlist includes places where one can feel connected to the Earth, nature, each other, and oneself. Urban markets to vast plains, these places make sure you are in "it."
1 Carshalton Rd, Banstead SM7 3JA, UK
This year both of us desperately wanted to visit Provence in South France to witness the gazillion lavender farms. For some reason we could not, and boy were we disappointed. Not for long. Enter Mayfield Lavender Farm. This 25-acre farm is located...
Lake Tekapo 7999, New Zealand
Lake Tekapo is one of those places in New Zealand that is instantly recognizable but few know its name. Bright blue with clear water surrounded by pink and purple lupines in the summer, it's the perfect background for these blooming flowers. A...
Last summer, Tim and Kathy Turner took a break from the Mont Blanc hiking circuit for a night at Refuge des Mottets, a French backcountry lodge decorated with cowbells and old iron cookware. The Turners, from the United States, were the only...
Yellowstone National Park is no secret by any stretch of the imagination. Yellowstone is one of America's most popular tourist destinations, and with good reason; there few places in the country where you can rub shoulders with grizzlies, smack...
- 1 Tips + News Americans Have Traveled to Mexico Throughout COVID
- 2 Air Travel All Travelers to U.S. Will Need Negative COVID Test
- 3 Tips + News Paris to Transform the Champs-Élysées Into “Extraordinary Garden”
- 4 Tips + News Canada Now Requires Both a COVID Test and Quarantine for Entry
- 5 Tips + News In Wake of D.C. Uprising, Defiant Passengers See Flying Privileges Revoked