Collected by Lisa Peterson
Blloku, Tirana, Albania
I am a sucker for an elected offical who had a career in the arts, and after my brief trip to Albania I have become a huge fan of Edi Rama. Rama, Tirana's artist-mayor, has helped Tirana start to lay claim to the title of "Most Colorful City in...
Baščaršija, Sarajevo 71000, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bascarcija, the Ottoman center of Sarajevo, is a lot like the markets of Istanbul. Or, it's a lot like what the markets of Istanbul would be like if they took a handful of Valium and relaxed. Nobody bustles, and nobody seems to be in a hurry. A...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos