Collected by AFAR Explorer
Independence Pass, Colorado 81210, USA
Driving up Independence Pass is a beautiful way to spend the afternoon and along the way to the top of this 12,096’ pass you can stop at highlights. For the thrill seekers, near the Grottos there is a series of waterfalls that flow into a crystal...
Crested Butte, CO 81224, USA
115 Pahlone Pkwy, Poncha Springs, CO 81242, USA
Set amongst numerous 14,000-foot peaks and the Arkansas River in Poncha Springs, CO, Elevation Beer Company brews beer for the outdoor enthusiast and hard-working man alike. With a handful of easy-drinking classics like 8 Second Kolsch, First Cast...
321 E Main St, Buena Vista, CO 81211, USA
This local distillery brews some of the best whiskey I have ever put to my lips. They meticulously craft one barrel at a time, which gives their Colorado whiskey smooth and pure flavors. I love the friendly local feel of this place- it's so laid...
Buena Vista, CO 81211, USA
St. Elmo was once a gold and silver mining town founded in 1880. It’s now one of Colorado's most preserved ghost towns. Chipmunks out number the residents and there are also a lot of hummingbirds. St. Elmo is about two and a half hours from Vail,...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now