Collected by AFAR Explorer
Independence Pass, Colorado 81210, USA
Driving up Independence Pass is a beautiful way to spend the afternoon and along the way to the top of this 12,096’ pass you can stop at highlights. For the thrill seekers, near the Grottos there is a series of waterfalls that flow into a crystal...
Crested Butte, CO 81224, USA
Just because this small mountain town has only one stoplight doesn’t mean it can’t serve up some delicious food. For tasty and fast Mexican food, there’s Teocalli Tamale right on the main drag, Elk Street. For hot and cold drinks...
115 Pahlone Pkwy, Poncha Springs, CO 81242, USA
Set amongst numerous 14,000-foot peaks and the Arkansas River in Poncha Springs, CO, Elevation Beer Company brews beer for the outdoor enthusiast and hard-working man alike. With a handful of easy-drinking classics like 8 Second Kolsch, First Cast...
321 E Main St, Buena Vista, CO 81211, USA
This local distillery brews some of the best whiskey I have ever put to my lips. They meticulously craft one barrel at a time, which gives their Colorado whiskey smooth and pure flavors. I love the friendly local feel of this place- it's so laid...
Buena Vista, CO 81211, USA
St. Elmo was once a gold and silver mining town founded in 1880. It’s now one of Colorado's most preserved ghost towns. Chipmunks out number the residents and there are also a lot of hummingbirds. St. Elmo is about two and a half hours from Vail,...
- 1 Travel Tips The World’s Coolest Travel Jobs—and How to Get Them
- 2 Air Travel Emirates Has $799 Flights for Two This Valentine’s Day—but You’ll Have to Act Fast
- 3 Packing Tips How to Apply Marie Kondo’s Life-Changing Magic to Packing
- 4 Where to Go in Spring Places Where Your U.S. Dollar Will Go Far in Spring
- 5 National Parks The Ideal Road Trip Through U.S. Canyon Country