Collected by Gabriela Bechelli
Venturing south of Lima, to the lesser-visited Paracas region of Peru, was one of the best decisions a friend and I made during our three-week adventure. The beauty of the Paracas Peninsula, a protected wildlife preservation, was breathtaking in...
Cartagena, Cartagena Province, Bolivar, Colombia
The spirit of the late Gabriel García Márquez—one of Colombia's most beloved cultural figures, and certainly its most beloved writer—lives on in Colombia, and is felt palpably in Cartagena. Though the Nobel Prize–winning author lived in Mexico...
Calle 37, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
If this building seems to radiate a celestial calm, that's likely because it continues to serve as a working monastery. Founded in the early 17th century by the Augustinian order, the structure itself has undergone extensive renovations over the...
Esquina Carrera 5 Calle 36, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
Don't let Gelateria Paradiso's girly girl decor fool you; this gal scoops some of the best gelato in Cartagena. And when you're in the Cartagena heat, you're going to want gelato. Sit down and try refreshing regional fruit flavors like Lulo and...
Cl. 9a ###37-16, Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia
During my stay in Medellin, I stayed at The Charlee, a posh lifestyle hotel in the heart of the trendy El Poblado neighborhood. Mere blocks from designer boutiques, fine dining and Lleras Park, it was the perfect place to explore this emerging...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019