Collected by Paige Totaro
Bogotá, Bogota, Colombia
By far, one of the coolest and most memorable things about Bogota is its eye catching, impressive graffiti art. Covering the majority of the wall space in the Candaliaria district of the city, you can’t help but notice nearly each wall as you walk...
Cl. 107, Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia
For the cost of a metro ride in Medellin you can transfer at Acevedo station to the Metrocable line, a gondola system that will whisk you up the side of a mountain to Santo Domingo. The ride is comfortable, and the views are stunning. Traveling...
Cl. 107a #Cra 33B # 107A-100, Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia
The Biblioteca España was built in 2009 as part of a redevelopment effort in Medellín, and has rightly become a source of civic pride. The library was built high in the mountainside barrio of Santo Domingo, to be not only a library and community...
Cra. 58 #42-125, Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia
At this central Medellín park you are encouraged to take off your shoes and connect with the earth. Each element of the park invites you to interact with sand, water, or trees. You might assume it is for children, but on a recent afternoon there...
La Macarena, Bogotá, Bogota, Colombia
See our full list of Where to Go in 2015. The Macarena district is the center of the city’s art scene. La Peluqueria not only offers edgy haircuts but also exhibits contemporary paintings. At the Alonso Garces Galeria (pictured), installations and...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December