Collected by Julie Dawn Fox
3004-531 Coimbra, Portugal
This might be one of the best sacred places in the University of Coimbra; This library, built in the early 18th century by King John the 5th, is known for its rich real gold baroque decor, and the plaster ceilings are decorated with allegorical...
Rua António Augusto Gonçalves., 3041-901 Coimbra, Portugal
Under the meticulous eye of current Director, Pedro Catapirra, this hotel is a must stay while visiting historical Coimbra. The hotel is steeped in romance based on the Pedro and Inês forbidden love story which is a true tale. Every detail of the...
R. Padre António Vieira 90, 3000 Coimbra, Portugal
Mike and I stumbled across Casa das Caldeiras, a unique, stylish café bar in Coimbra last weekend and have already revisited it. As soon as we opened the door, we were impressed. Cleaned up and cleverly lit, the original Babcock and Wilcox boilers...
Serra do Bussaco, 3360, Portugal
The Bussaco National Forest, in Portugal, offers many trails and sights that seem to replicate what the lands were prior to human settlement. On the trails one can see a wide range of trees and plants, fountains, and valleys. The Bussaco Forest...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Tech6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights