Collected by Julie Dawn Fox
3004-531 Coimbra, Portugal
This might be one of the best sacred places in the University of Coimbra; This library, built in the early 18th century by King John the 5th, is known for its rich real gold baroque decor, and the plaster ceilings are decorated with allegorical...
Rua António Augusto Gonçalves., 3041-901 Coimbra, Portugal
Under the meticulous eye of current Director, Pedro Catapirra, this hotel is a must stay while visiting historical Coimbra. The hotel is steeped in romance based on the Pedro and Inês forbidden love story which is a true tale. Every detail of the...
R. Padre António Vieira 90, 3000 Coimbra, Portugal
Mike and I stumbled across Casa das Caldeiras, a unique, stylish café bar in Coimbra last weekend and have already revisited it. As soon as we opened the door, we were impressed. Cleaned up and cleverly lit, the original Babcock and Wilcox boilers...
Serra do Bussaco, 3360, Portugal
The Bussaco National Forest, in Portugal, offers many trails and sights that seem to replicate what the lands were prior to human settlement. On the trails one can see a wide range of trees and plants, fountains, and valleys. The Bussaco Forest...
- 1 Travel Rewards + Air Miles United Is Switching up Its Frequent Flier Awards Program
- 2 National Parks How to Visit the National Parks for Free in 2019
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots
- 4 Air Travel Finally, Nonstop Flights From United States to Cape Town Are Coming
- 5 Travel News Single-Use Plastics Will Be Banned in Europe by 2021