Collected by Julie Dawn Fox
3004-531 Coimbra, Portugal
This might be one of the best sacred places in the University of Coimbra; This library, built in the early 18th century by King John the 5th, is known for its rich real gold baroque decor, and the plaster ceilings are decorated with allegorical...
Rua António Augusto Gonçalves., 3041-901 Coimbra, Portugal
Under the meticulous eye of current Director, Pedro Catapirra, this hotel is a must stay while visiting historical Coimbra. The hotel is steeped in romance based on the Pedro and Inês forbidden love story which is a true tale. Every detail of the...
R. Padre António Vieira 90, 3000 Coimbra, Portugal
Mike and I stumbled across Casa das Caldeiras, a unique, stylish café bar in Coimbra last weekend and have already revisited it. As soon as we opened the door, we were impressed. Cleaned up and cleverly lit, the original Babcock and Wilcox boilers...
Serra do Bussaco, 3360, Portugal
The Bussaco National Forest, in Portugal, offers many trails and sights that seem to replicate what the lands were prior to human settlement. On the trails one can see a wide range of trees and plants, fountains, and valleys. The Bussaco Forest...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now