Coffee, Tea or Hot Chocolate?
Collected by Azul Adnan, AFAR Local Expert
No. 753, Batu 4 1/2 Taman Impiana, Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah, 51200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
In Malaysia, we have a drink called "white coffee." But it's not a latte, nor are the beans white in color! White coffee originated in the town of Ipoh, Perak many, many years ago. The coffee beans are roasted with margarine (yes, margarine) to...
Genting Highlands, Pahang, Malaysia
You're sitting at an outdoor cafe with your friends, enjoying the cool highland air. The waiter serves mouth-watering cakes and pastries. Then he places in front of you a little tray with a glass of hot milk and a ceramic tumbler containing two...
1, Jalan Dutamas 1, Solaris Dutamas, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Left to right: ice lemon tea, tea milkshake, Teh Tarik (or 'stretched tea'). Just three of the many choices you can find at the Cameron Valley Tea House in the Publika shopping mall. The best thing about the Teh Tarik is that it's bottomless,...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now