Collected by Jac
Sighișoara Fortress, Sighișoara 545400, Romania
If you go to Romania, and you should, go to Transylvania. If you go to Transylvania, and you should, go to Sighisoara Citadel. Drive your little rental car up the pebbly road into the enclosed village on top of the hill. In this ancient, ancient,...
Strada General Traian Moșoiu 24, Bran 507025, Romania
Bram Stoker based his novel Dracula on the this castle in Bran, Transylvania, Romania. Not actually Vlad Tepes home (you can find that in Sigishoara), generations of Romanian monarchs lived in this castle overlooking the Translyvanian countryside....
Piața Mică 26, Sibiu 550182, Romania
I visited Sighisoara, Romania in 2011. This city is one of the best preserved medieval cities in Europe and is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Founded by Transylvanian Saxons in the 12th Century, Sighisoara is the birthplace of Vlad the Impaler. The...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now