Close To Home
Collected by Jeff Rach
The inspiring powers of nature are truly on display at Joshua Tree National Park. Cap Rock is easily found, accessible by car and has a little loop trail that provides some nice shady spots for animal and human alike. This spot in Joshua Tree is...
Inland Ave, Empire, CA 95357, USA
Google as much as you want but you won't find an address for this secret desert diorama in the middle of nowhere Joshua Tree, CA. You will, however, get directions e-mailed to you, but only if you book! Walking into the grounds you enter a...
Mt. Whitney, California, USA
This was the view out of my tent opening as I went to bed early to prepare for my Summit bid on the Mountaineers Trail on Mount Whitney. Without another team in sight, and with Iceberg Lake all to ourselves, this was a great way to end the day.
Giant Rock, California 92285, USA
Joshua Tree in the Mojave Desert is as weird as the shapes of the trees that make it up. While beautiful in its sparse vastness, it is no surprise that alien enthusiasts have taken to the area. For a taste of this, try a rejuvenating soundbath at...
25905 CA-243, Idyllwild, CA 92549, USA
Less than an hour's drive from Palm Desert, Idyllwild is an oasis of Redwood trees and granite peaks. About a mile above sea level, Idyllwild has a boarding school for burgeoning artists. In the summer, when the kids are away, Idyllwild Arts...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles