Close To Home
Collected by AFAR Traveler
6105 CA-193, Newcastle, CA 95658, USA
There's a shortcut we take to avoid the heavy weekend traffic of those flocking to the mall or snow country. Along this road are farms growing mandarins, peaches, apples, persimmon and everything else in between. We inadvertently found that all...
Sacramento Ave, St. Louis, MO 63115, USA
I've always heard about the amazing fall colors of the NorthEast but California can hold its own. This was my first time really seeing such Fall colors in person. I love the way the sun shines through the leaves and just illuminates them. There's...
4045 St Helena Hwy, Calistoga, CA 94515, USA
Castello di Amorosa is an architectural wonderland right in the middle of Napa Valley. Based on fourth-generation winemaker Dario Sattui’s passion for medieval history, this replica of a 13th-century stone castle, made entirely from European...
My pic can not possibly be at the same level with Ansel Adams' but the idea is the same: the mountains, the valley, the river, they all collude to surround you so that you will surrender. Might see a moose or more around here. Hiking opportunities...
20063 Cabrillo Hwy S, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019, USA
San Francisco is a great starting point for a road trip. Drive north or south on the HWY 1 and you're bound to find fun towns, beautiful winding roads and gorgeous coastal scenery. This cave is about an hour drive south of San Francisco, and then...
- 1 Travel News There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Holiday Travel Required Reading: 29 New Books for Every Type of Traveler
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village