Close To Home
Collected by AFAR Traveler
6105 CA-193, Newcastle, CA 95658, USA
There's a shortcut we take to avoid the heavy weekend traffic of those flocking to the mall or snow country. Along this road are farms growing mandarins, peaches, apples, persimmon and everything else in between. We inadvertently found that all...
Sacramento Ave, St. Louis, MO 63115, USA
I've always heard about the amazing fall colors of the NorthEast but California can hold its own. This was my first time really seeing such Fall colors in person. I love the way the sun shines through the leaves and just illuminates them. There's...
4045 St Helena Hwy, Calistoga, CA 94515, USA
This is heading up the main drive of the winery/castle/winery Castello di Amorosa, and for a moment I felt like I was 20 years old again and in awe of the fact that I was living in Italy for a year and experiencing views such as this.
My pic can not possibly be at the same level with Ansel Adams' but the idea is the same: the mountains, the valley, the river, they all collude to surround you so that you will surrender. Might see a moose or more around here. Hiking opportunities...
20063 Cabrillo Hwy S, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019, USA
San Francisco is a great starting point for a road trip. Drive north or south on the HWY 1 and you're bound to find fun towns, beautiful winding roads and gorgeous coastal scenery. This cave is about an hour drive south of San Francisco, and then...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019