Classic Charleston Fine Dining
Collected by Angela Fleury, AFAR Local Expert
Twenty-some years ago, Charleston underwent a culinary revival: Southern food was newly worthy of notice. These restaurants, opened in the '90s and aughts, are now Charleston classics. (Think creamy grits, fried oysters, and pecan pie... with a classic bourbon cocktail to wash it all down.)
2 Unity Alley, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
The restaurant where Sean Brock got his start, McCrady’s has a long history as a neighborhood watering hole and pub that goes all the way back to the 1700s. In 2016, however, the cozy building, with its brick interior and homey bar, got a...
10 Hayne St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
You know how sometimes when traveling you can go out to a restaurant and feel like you are sitting alone as you watch all the regulars greet each other? Well, that won’t happen in Charleston, a city that has embraced family-style eating at...
112 N Market St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
Peninsula Grill is located in the Planters Inn, right on often-boisterous Market Street, but the restaurant couldn't be more peaceful with seating on a green and lovely cobbled courtyard or inside a hushed formal dining room. Enjoy the fresh fish,...
- 1 Natural Wonders There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now