Christmas in Austria, 2014
Collected by Cara West
Kärntner Durchgang 10, 1010 Wien, Austria
With a paneled ceiling, onyx wall tiles, and a green-and-white marble floor, the Loos American Bar is an art nouveau masterpiece designed in 1908 by Viennese architect Adolf Loos. Seats are at a premium in this 300-square-foot space, which packs...
Lendkai 1, 8020 Graz, Austria
Graz, Austria's second biggest city, is sometimes overlooked by travelers, and thus remains a somewhat secret jewel of the country's green south. One of the most striking aspects of this historic town is its integration of modern design and...
Sackstraße 7–13, 8010 Graz, Austria
The high-end department store Kastner & Öhler is famous not only in Austria, but far beyond its boarders. It was one of Europe’s oldest of its kind. Today, “Kastner,” as the locals call it, is busier than ever. The beautiful stucco columns still...
- 1 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States