Collected by Chris Chesak, AFAR Local Expert
Chris Chesak′s Wishlist
15 San Juan Park Rd, Friday Harbor, WA 98250, USA
For a day or a week, paddle in the brisk clear waters of the San Juan Islands and get close with Orca (killer) whales, porpoise, seals, marine birds...relaxing sunsets and intimate campgrounds. Ferry from Anacortes to Friday Harbor, then paddling...
1948 Fionnay, Switzerland
Verbier is known for it’s amazing après ski scene, great powder, and pricey accommodations. To save some money, stay just outside of town in the neighboring village of Lourtier, where husband and wife Patricia and Jean-Marc Pellissier run the...
Verbier, 1936 Bagnes, Switzerland
The charming Swiss village of Verbier is a breeding ground for fearless, thrill-seeking mountain bikers. Be warned, though: Even a rockstar mountain biker from Colorado or Utah will feel like he needs training wheels when he tackles these...
3906 Saas Fee, Switzerland
Swiss mountaineers do not mess around. One look at our group’s footwear—a mix of trail running sneakers and amateurish hiking boots—and they told us we should go back to bed. We were in Saas-Fee and pumped to be ascending the Mittaghorn via...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022