Collected by Corey Koppel
65 Baochao Hutong, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100009
This courtyard house converted to ten-room boutique hotel provides an enticing blend of seclusion -- it stands at the end of a sliver of an alley off a narrow street -- and proximity to the bustling Gulou area a short walk away. Rooms come with...
108 S Luogu Alley, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100007
Pass By Bar stood out a decade ago as the sole watering hole in a sleepy neighborhood. Now, as part of a strip with over one hundred cafes, bars, restaurants and souvenir shops, it stands as the veteran on the street. Begun by a backpacker who...
Banchang Hutong, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100007
Cafes, restaurants, and bars proliferate in the secluded hutong alleyways of Beijing. One of the best is Mao Mao Chong, a name that refers to "caterpillar"—and makes this seem an ideal spot to include on a pub crawl. Started by a Chinese and...
24 Xinyuan Xili Middle St, Chaoyang Qu, China, 100027
Dumpling chain Din Tai Fung has gone from humble beginnings in Taiwan some 40 years ago to a presence in 10 countries, including Singapore, the United States, Australia, and Japan. The secret of its success lies in one item—xiaolongbao—a type of...
China, Beijing Shi, Chaoyang Qu, S Sanlitun Rd, 三里屯南街4号院 邮政编码: 100001
A lending library with more than 10,000 English-language books. A weekly slate of events, from poetry readings to winetastings to quizzes to movie screenings. A full menu of food. A superb single malt collection. "Something for everyone" sounds...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign