China and Tibet
Collected by Janet Pierce
Pedestrian St, Chengguan Qu, Lasa Shi, Xizang Zizhiqu, China, 850000
In the Jokhang Temple square there were so many pilgrims representing many areas of Tibet. This elderly woman was watching me with my camera and seemed curious so using gestures I asked to take her photo. Her stories of a long life are etched in...
4 Jingshan Front St, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100006
I used to be a docile tourist—get a map and brochure at the entrance, follow the prescribed route, or make a beeline for points of my interest. But one day impatience taught me the rollicking fun of ignorance and discovery. I didn’t...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico