Collected by Maxime Caron
Longsheng, Guilin, Guangxi, China
It’s hard to believe as I pour a cup of crisp white grains into boiling water that they began their journey to the stove in a place as serene as the terraced hills at Longsheng, outside Guilin, China. The Longji rice terraces cover the rolling...
I caught this moment while traveling in the countryside of Guangxi, China, where there are spectacular terraced rice fields near Longsheng. The steepness of these hills does little to deter these farmers from cultivating them with rice, and I...
Yangshuo, Guilin, Guangxi, China
Yangshuo's countryside is unreal. Just an hour and a half down the Li River from Guilin, Yangshuo is much more scenic and laid back. We actually stayed outside of Yangshuo in a farmhouse, and biked a beautiful 20 minute ride into town. The scenery...
Zhangjiajie, Hunan, China
Unbelievably, the first of China's National Parks is unknown to many of those travelling through China. Located in the Hunan Province of mid-southern China, Zhangjiajie National Park has clusters of karsts poking out over the landscape as if they...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign