Collected by AFAR Explorer
Chakkrawat, Samphanthawong, Bangkok, Thailand
Saphan Phut (Memorial Bridge) market is the alternative to the tourist obliterated markets of Bangkok. The crowd here is 100% locals and teenagers, and it makes for some great people-watching. I had my tarot cards read here in enthusiastic if not...
72 Holt Rd, Garners Beach QLD 4852, Australia
I have an affinity for sleeping in trees. Particularly when those trees are in a rainforest and even better when those trees end at a secluded beach. In my opinion, tree houses should be an unobtrusive part of the forest, and my footprint while...
Dragon's Back, Shek O, Hong Kong
On this day, we discovered there's way more to Hong Kong than high-end shopping and dining. I'll never forget these views and the sense of tranquility we found up here. We also spent some time at the lovely little Shek O beach, which you'll find...
The Great Wall of China runs more than 21,000 kilometers (over 13,000 miles), not as one continuous wall but rather as fortified wall sections. Some of the sections date back more than 2,500 years, though only 8.2 percent of the existing wall is...
Xiaomoyu, Xishan, Kunming, Yunnan, China
Every time I’ve been to this spot I’m amazed at how beautiful it is. And every trip there’s been something new to discover. There’s a fantastic cave the more experienced climber can enjoy but for non-climbers like me it’s a great place to sit and...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys