Collected by AFAR Explorer
Chakkrawat, Samphanthawong, Bangkok, Thailand
Saphan Phut (Memorial Bridge) market is the alternative to the tourist obliterated markets of Bangkok. The crowd here is 100% locals and teenagers, and it makes for some great people-watching. I had my tarot cards read here in enthusiastic if not...
72 Holt Rd, Garners Beach QLD 4852, Australia
I have an affinity for sleeping in trees. Particularly when those trees are in a rainforest and even better when those trees end at a secluded beach. In my opinion, tree houses should be an unobtrusive part of the forest, and my footprint while...
Dragon's Back, Shek O, Hong Kong
On this day, we discovered there's way more to Hong Kong than high-end shopping and dining. I'll never forget these views and the sense of tranquility we found up here. We also spent some time at the lovely little Shek O beach, which you'll find...
The Great Wall of China runs more than 21,000 kilometers (over 13,000 miles), not as one continuous wall but rather as fortified wall sections. Some of the sections date back more than 2,500 years, though only 8.2 percent of the existing wall is...
Xiaomoyu, Xishan, Kunming, Yunnan, China
Every time I’ve been to this spot I’m amazed at how beautiful it is. And every trip there’s been something new to discover. There’s a fantastic cave the more experienced climber can enjoy but for non-climbers like me it’s a great place to sit and...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Happiest Country Is All About Reading, Coffee, and Saunas
- 2 Natural Wonders “Unbearable” Crowds Force California Town to Restrict Access to Poppy Bloom
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots
- 4 Where to Go in Spring California Wildflowers: Where and When to Find Them During the Super Bloom
- 5 Travel News Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Is Opening Soon—Here’s Everything You Need to Know