Collected by Shara Johnson (SKJ Traveler)
China, Beijing Shi, Dongcheng Qu, 南锣古巷85号 邮政编码: 100007
On my first trip to China, while in Beijing I stayed in a hostel nestled in a traditional hutong. It was a highlight even then. I loved stepping out the door and heading off into the maze of narrow alleys and unique architecture. There are so many...
Xiahe, Gannan, Gansu, China
Contrary to intuition, one of the best places to experience Tibetan Buddhism is inside China. I learned that the Chinese government places caps on the number of monks allowed to reside in any single Buddhist monastery inside Tibet. In China “...
4 Jingshan Front St, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100006
Beijing's number one tourist attraction is a massive former imperial palace known as the Forbidden City. Between 1416 and 1911, it was home to 24 Ming and Qing dynasty emperors and their families and staff. In 1912, after the abdication of...
Longsheng, Guilin, Guangxi, China
It’s hard to believe as I pour a cup of crisp white grains into boiling water that they began their journey to the stove in a place as serene as the terraced hills at Longsheng, outside Guilin, China. The Longji rice terraces cover the rolling...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December