Collected by Shara Johnson (SKJ Traveler)
China, Beijing Shi, Dongcheng Qu, 南锣古巷85号 邮政编码: 100007
On my first trip to China, while in Beijing I stayed in a hostel nestled in a traditional hutong. It was a highlight even then. I loved stepping out the door and heading off into the maze of narrow alleys and unique architecture. There are so many...
Xiahe, Gannan, Gansu, China
Contrary to intuition, one of the best places to experience Tibetan Buddhism is inside China. I learned that the Chinese government places caps on the number of monks allowed to reside in any single Buddhist monastery inside Tibet. In China “...
4 Jingshan Front St, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100006
I used to be a docile tourist—get a map and brochure at the entrance, follow the prescribed route, or make a beeline for points of my interest. But one day impatience taught me the rollicking fun of ignorance and discovery. I didn’t...
Longsheng, Guilin, Guangxi, China
It’s hard to believe as I pour a cup of crisp white grains into boiling water that they began their journey to the stove in a place as serene as the terraced hills at Longsheng, outside Guilin, China. The Longji rice terraces cover the rolling...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico