Along the western side of the Huangpu River, the Bund is a street of two dozen stately heritage buildings. Architecture buffs will find an array of late-19th- and early-20th-century styles here, from Gothic Revival to Art Deco. Among the most...
A cool antidote to all that shiny Shanghai modernity, bijou hotel The Waterhouse at South Bund transforms a crumbling 1930s factory and former army HQ in the historic Shiliupu dockyards into gritty-glam designer digs. The jagged industrial...
The original Jade Buddha Temple was built in the late-19th century to house two jade Buddha statues brought from Burma by a monk named Hui Gen. They remain the principal attractions of the temple, especially the larger of the two, a seated Buddha...
- 1TechThe Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric
- 2History + CulturePortugal’s Exquisite Historic Lodgings Offer a Window to the Past
- 3Restaurants + CafésTar, Spaghetti, and Other Totally Real Ice Cream Flavors You Need to Try in Europe
- 4Exceptional Travel ExperiencesThe True Magic of Machu Picchu Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 5Museums + GalleriesAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps