Collected by AFAR Explorer
China, Beijing Shi, Yanqing Qu, 010 County Rd, 张山营镇东门营村北
About 55 miles northwest of Beijing lies the impressive ancient cave dwelling site of Guyaju. The complex, which resembles stone apartment buildings, is believed to have been carved from the cliff faces by the Xiyi ethnic minority during the Tang...
24 Lei Yue Mun Praya Road, Lei Yue Mun, Hong Kong
Lei Yue Mun ("Carp Gate") Seafood Market is a well-known place for seafood. There are endless selections of seafood, as well as restaurants along the narrow street. You can pick the seafood by yourself, and bring it to a nearby restaurant for them...
Jubilee St, Central, Hong Kong
Traveling up and down the Central-Mid Levels Escalator is a quick, efficient way to get around while at the same time immersing yourself in the urban jungle of Hong Kong. Stretching for over 800m and rising about 135m, the world's longest outdoor...
Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
If you have seen the beauty of Victoria Harbour, make sure you catch a laser show as well. There are 5 different themes to keep your eyes busy, so if you want to take some good pictures and enjoy the show at the same time, better bring a tripod...
Ngong Ping Rd, Lantau Island, Hong Kong
The colorful Po Lin Monastery was built more than a century ago in the secluded mountains of Lantau Island. In 1993, the 112-foot-high bronze Tian Tan Buddha, also known as the Big Buddha, was erected to face the monastery and north toward the...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos