Collected by Matt Gibson, AFAR Local Expert
Chrisi Milia, Greece
Here is the best hotel you can find in Alonissos. I stayed to this property not too long ago and I had a great experience. It's family owned and operated therefore they pay close attention to each individual guest. It is a 1st category hotel...
1825 SW Broadway, Portland, OR 97201, USA
I love wine. But, I also love vineyards. I love the bright green leaves; the green, red and purple juicy grapes; but, mostly, I love the symmetry of the rows of grapevines. There is something orderly to it all. And throw in a brightly-colored red...
I hadn’t been awake for longer than a minute. I peeled back the tarp door to my room, walked out onto my deck, and leapt. It was an abrupt but purifying way to start the day. The cool, brackish water instantly defogged my mind, and my eyes opened...
There is nothing better when you visit an island than going to the sea! Heraklion is surrounded by so many different but beautiful beaches that you will need more than a week to visit all of them. Clear & deep blue water, golden sand, incredible...
807-2 Boseong-ri, Boseong-eup, Boseong, Jeollanam-do, South Korea
South Korea. To the world it is bright neon lights, fuel-efficient cars, genetic research and kimchi. The Land of the Morning Calm is deservedly lauded as a spreading ground for future tech and well known as the K-pop powerhouse, though Seoul is...
- 1TechThe Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric
- 2History + CulturePortugal’s Exquisite Historic Lodgings Offer a Window to the Past
- 3Museums + GalleriesAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 4Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 5Exceptional Travel ExperiencesThe True Magic of Machu Picchu Isn’t Where You Think It Is