Collected by AFAR Traveler
San Pedro de Atacama, Antofagasta Region, Chile
Pukara de Quitor is the site of ruins of an ancient fortress built by the local population, Atacameños, from invading forces. The top of Pukara is accessible and offers a chance to see desert topography in all of its glory. If you're staying in...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys