Collected by Jeanne Hoffmann
San Pedro de Atacama, Antofagasta Region, Chile
A short drive outside the town of San Pedro de Atacama, Tierra Atacama has wonderful views of fields and Volvano Licancabur. The hotel is part of the Tierra hotel group owned by the Chilean-American Purcell family (who also own Tierra Patagonia,...
Hanga Roa, Easter Island, Valparaiso Region, Chile
Located in a quiet spot outside of town with views of the deep blue Pacific, this hotel with 20 rooms, was inspired by the houseboats used by the local islanders. The rooms are airy and have breezy terraces facing the ocean, ideal for sipping...
Las Condes, Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
Pueblito Los Dominicos, an artisan village in eastern Santiago, is named after the church bearing the same name. This quaint center offers many quality handicrafts, from leather goods to lapis jewelry, Mapuche silver, and textiles. The setting is...
Providencia - Constitución 136, Santiago, Providencia, Región Metropolitana, Chile
While this was by far the most expensive meal I have eaten in South America, it was also some of the most delicious food I have tasted in years. My meal cost around $50 and I felt was worth that price for the three hour experience of tasting...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Natural Wonders The Best Hot Springs in the United States
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Travel News Japan Implements New “Sayonara” Tax on Travelers