Collected by Matthew Keesecker, AFAR Local Expert
Avenida Vitacura 5250 of. 304, Vitacura, Región Metropolitana, Chile
While sitting at dinner one night in Santiago with my brother, it occurred to us that we should try to ski and snowboard the Andes while we were there for a few days. A quick ask at our hostel, and we were set up for the ultimate day trip,...
Ricardo de Ferrari 692, Valparaíso, Región de Valparaíso, Chile
The poet Pablo Neruda redefined the city with hisOde to Valparaíso, calling it “the patched bow of a small courageous ship.” Today, visitors can tour his home, known as La Sebastiana. The building is now a museum with one of the city’s finest gift...
Los Andes, Valparaiso Region, Chile
Av. Virginia Subercaseaux 210, Pirque, Región Metropolitana, Chile
As an avid wine lover, I make it a point to visit various wine regions around the world. When I came across a place like Concha y Toro, and their sprawling caves of wine, I couldn't help but feel that I had stumbled upon a little slice of heaven....
Pirque, Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
The Concha y Toro winery, located in Pirque, in the Maipo Valley, 45 minutes outside of Santiago, has steadily been making wine since it was originally established back in 1883. Upon arriving, visitors are taken on a fantastic tour of the grounds....
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 3Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World
- 4MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights
- 5History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania