Collected by Scott Birm
50 W Washington St, Chicago, IL 60602, USA
The second most famous public sculpture in Chicago is 50ft high, made of steel and no one knows what it means. It’s doesn’t even have a proper name so it’s just known as “The Picasso.” Pablo Picasso gifted this untitled sculpture to the city of...
Michael Jordan Statue, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
One of Chicago’s favorite sons, Michael Jordan finally got his permanent place in the city in 1994 when Omri Amrany and Julie Rotblatt-Amrany unveiled this sculpture right outside the United Center. Jordan’s famous jumpman pose is well represented...
50 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
A perfect buttermilk old fashioned donut is fresh and hot with crispy crunchy edges underneath a melting sugary glazy and the minute I’ve eaten one, I’m already dreaming about the next one. Do-Rite hits all these marks with room to spare, which...
401 N Franklin St, Chicago, IL 60654, USA
I have two pieces of advice for you regarding the Doughnut Vault: 1. Go early. They open at 8am Tuesday-Friday and 9:30am on Saturdays and if you want a breath of a hope of a chance of getting a doughnut before they sell out, you want to be there...
746 W Webster Ave, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
I last visited Toast on a Tuesday with an old friend I hadn’t seen in ages. Unlike the weekends which are crowded and busy with long waits, on Tuesday we walked right in and were immediately seated in a window booth. We ordered the omelette...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019