Collected by Angel Mack
201 E Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60602, USA
The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes. ~ Marcel Proust. For my inaugural highlight on AFAR, I am starting with my wife's favorite quote, and a local sight in Chicago. Sometimes people feel they...
220 E Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
The interior architecture of Chicago’s MCA building is worth the price of admission. Four floors of exhibit halls branch off the central staircase pictured above, and the East and West facing glass walls have unparalleled views over Lake Michigan...
1655 W Cortland St, Chicago, IL 60622, USA
To find the Trap Door Theatre, you walk down a narrow walkway between two white brick walls. A steel door opens onto the kitchen of Jane's Restaurant. A second door leads to a small black box theater. There, for the last 15 plus years, the Trap...
111 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60603, USA
20 E Delaware Pl, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Holy cow, Batman! The stockyards may be closed; but bovines still roam the streets and even walls of Chicago. I happen to see this one while walking down East Delaware St. on my way to a sensational lunch with a 20 mile view at The Signature Room...
5751 S Woodlawn Ave, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
For 50 years, it has been growing in the basement of the seminary located at 5757 South University Avenue. Back in 1961, 17 book lovers each pitched in $10 a piece and founded The Seminary Co-Op Bookstore. When you arrive, you won't think you're...
809 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 4 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna