Collected by Barbara Bales
1520 N Damen Ave, Chicago, IL 60622, USA
The first rule of the speakeasy is that it can’t be easy to find. The Violet Hour’s door is directly across the street from Big Star. Look for the handle on the wall and the light above it, because the door mural changes frequently and...
449 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60654, USA
Rick Bayless opened his upscale Mexican restaurants Frontera Grill and Topolobampo in the late 1980s and then won a litany of James Beard Awards, including Outstanding Restaurant (in 2007 and 2017). He took the top spot in the first season of Top...
1601 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
The Chicago History Museum examines Chicago’s local history as well as its position in the larger scope of American history. The engaging exhibits cover a wide range of subjects such as Abraham Lincoln’s life and presidency, the first locomotive...
2007 W Churchill St, Chicago, IL 60647, USA
See our full list of Where to Go in 2015. This summer, the 606, Chicago’s answer to New York’s High Line, debuts. The parks and trails on 2.7 miles of repurposed elevated train tracks connect four neighborhoods, bringing green space to places that...
5507 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60640, USA
The goods at Arrin Williams’s year-old Andersonville shop, Haymaker, are mostly handmade by local artisans. Powder-coated-steel side tables by David Greene, hanging plant holders made from reclaimed wood, and coveted leather bags by Chicago-based...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village