Chicago and Madison
Collected by Elaine Yeung
6836 N Sheridan Rd, Chicago, IL 60626, USA
Ask any local where to try your first real deep-dish pizza and they'll say "Giordanos." It's obviously the best in town. Chicago-style pizza is unique and totally different than what you'll find in Italy. More like a pie, the crust is tall and...
111 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60603, USA
Wow. The last time I was here was on a high school field trip 35 years ago, and the museum has definitely grown. What an amazing collection—I could have spent days here, but I only had two hours. I followed the museum's suggested top 10, and...
203 N Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
A next-gen brand for business travelers, Virgin Hotels Chicago pays special attention to women road warriors. Wi-Fi is fast and free, rooms have savvy closets, there are weekly TED-like talks, and the Funny Library is stocked by Second City improv...
29 E Ohio St, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Uno’s claims to have invented the deep dish pizza, which means a different thing in Chicago than it does the rest of the nation. Chicago deep dish pizza, or “stuffed” pizza, has a tall crust edge that allows for 1-2 inches worth of ingredients and...
23 N Pinckney St #1, Madison, WI 53703, USA
Nothing's better than sipping your Saturday morning away after making your way around the famous Dane County Farmer's Market. I had to try the breakfast old fashioned at THE place you go for the signature Wisconsin drink. The grapefruit juice went...
Whitewater, WI, WI, USA
If these cabins could talk, their stories would reveal tales of prohibition, Polish immigrants, and Latvian priests. Rustic cabins, canvas tents, and a teepee now showcase a jumble of old books, antique lanterns, and the odd chipmunk. Guests can...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico