Collected by Rodrigo Weiberlen
Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Visitors take their best Chicago photographs in front of the iconic Millennium Park sculpture called Cloud Gate (known colloquially as the Bean, for its shape). Conceived by British artist Anish Kapoor and constructed from 168 stainless steel...
201 E Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60602, USA
The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes. ~ Marcel Proust. For my inaugural highlight on AFAR, I am starting with my wife's favorite quote, and a local sight in Chicago. Sometimes people feel they...
Chicago, IL, USA
Beer lovers celebrate Chicago's fall season with German festivals all through September and October. Hofbrauhaus restaurant on Rosemont brews their own special Oktoberfestbier while an Austrian Oompah band plays nightly, deca restaurant at the...
175 N State St, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Chicago has wonderfully rich theater scene ranging from intimate storefront theaters to the famous improv comedians at Second City and any number of Broadway shows. The Cadillac Theatre in the Loop has a beautiful, richly decorated house for large...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys