Collected by Joseph Cyr, AFAR Local Expert
100 Linden Ave, Wilmette, IL 60091, USA
While visiting family in Chicago, my cousin and I went for a drive and came across this intricately carved structure just north of the city. The Baha'i Temple in Wilmette is an unexpectedly stately building on the shores of Lake Michigan. With...
1155 E 58th St, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
If you have any interest in the history and archaeology of the ancient Near East, you'll wander the galleries of the Oriental Institute with goosebumps, slack-jawed. This museum on the campus of the University of Chicago houses one of the finest...
185 Milwaukee Ave, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089, USA
As home to one of the largest Korean populations in the U.S., Chicago has no shortage of restaurants where you can get your kimchi-fix. But over the years, its traditional "Koreatown" along Lawrence Avenue has begun to spread northward; it's moved...
20160 W Washington St, Grayslake, IL 60030, USA
You go to Chicago for the skyscrapers, for the food, for the lakefront, the museums and the sports...but birdwatching? trailrunning? When you need a break from hitting the pavement, try something softer and greener up in the northern suburbs....
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village