Chef's Tour: Clayton Wells in Sydney
Collected by Ashley Goldsmith
46-52 Meagher St, Chippendale NSW 2008, Australia
Since bursting on to the scene in 2013, this Chippendale hotspot has multiplied its loyal fans along with its awards—chef Mat Lindsay was even named Australian Gourmet Traveller’s 2018 Chef of the Year. Surrounded by stucco...
83 Percival Rd, Stanmore NSW 2048, Australia
“Sixpenny is the perfect special occasion restaurant with a degustation menu that taps ingredients from the restaurant’s own plot of land," says chef Clayton Wells of Automata in Sydney. "It’s in a quiet suburb not far from the city, and Dan...
239 Oxford St, Darlinghurst NSW 2010, Australia
“This Must Be The Place is the best place for cocktails in Sydney: casual and non-fussy," says chef Clayton Wells of Automata in Sydney. "Try the Atlas (Don Julio reposado, muscat, yuzu, ginger, and toasted sesame).”
147 William St, Darlinghurst NSW 2010, Australia
“Kakawa is putting out some of the best chocolate in Sydney," says chef Clayton Wells of Automata in Sydney. "They have a shop across the road from Automata, and their ice cream sandwiches are ridiculously good.”
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys