Collected by Darrell Hartman, AFAR Contributor
Hassan 1، Chechaouèn, Morocco
The hammam and indoor pool are just two of the draws at these charming lodgings a few minutes’ walk from old Chaouen’s main square. The giant shared patios that come with top-floor rooms are another. Decorated with bold strokes of the city’s...
On a sunny day, the buildings in this charming northern Moroccan town appealingly match the sky. The tradition of painting them blue was started by Jewish refugees to the city in the 1930’s. It can be a deep or pale blue, depending on how much dye...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun