Collected by Jake Kazmierski
As a passionate hotelier I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting places to lay my head for the night.....or week.
Route de la Renarde, 73550 Les Allues, France
The owners of the renowned French winery Chateau Smith Haut Lafitte opened this ski-in, ski-out chalet in the French Alps last December. Not surprisingly, the wine cellar is fully stocked with hard-to-find bottles. After a day on the slopes, you...
6501 Railroad Ave, Snoqualmie, WA 98065, USA
Perched at the top of a 268-foot waterfall, the 84-room hotel is only 30 minutes east of Seattle. You can hike, bike, fish, and do yoga. From $189. This appeared in the March/April 2014 issue.
1 Chome-31-１ Asamaonsen, Matsumoto-shi, Nagano-ken 390-0303, Japan
At the new Kai Matsumoto inn, located in the historic town of Matsumoto in the Japanese Alps, the spa offers 13 different traditional Japanese bathing rituals in its eight baths. The alkaline water is drawn from nearby Asama Hot Springs, which...
Rangali Island, Rangali 20077, Maldives
Located on two private islands, the resort is just the right size. You can be alone in your villa or mingle with other guests. There’s excellent food and wine at seven restaurants, one of which is undersea—enclosed in glass. Naturally, the seafood...
Lankanfushi Island, North Malé Atoll, Republic of Maldives, Maldives
The largest overwater bungalow in the world, Gili Lankanfushi’s 18,300-square-foot, four-bedroom structure on a private reserve in the Maldives, has a customizable wine list, private spa, in-villa cinema, waterslide, natural coral pool, and...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now