Charming Stops along the Danube
Collected by Ann Shields, AFAR Staff
11 Rathausplatz, 3390 Melk, Austria
Melk’s most famous attraction, the magnificent Melk Abbey, sits on a bluff beside the Danube at the very spot where the ancient Romans once erected a fortress. The immense yellow Baroque structure—once a Babenberg palace, now an active seminary...
Rudnayovo námestie 1, 811 01 Bratislava, Slovakia
Bratislava’s architectural stock blends medieval stone buildings, grand 18th- and 19th-century palaces, many grim and boxy reminders of the Soviet era, and some whimsical and sleek modern edifices, all overseen by the dignified castle on the hill...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map