Charming Stops along the Danube
Collected by Ann Shields , AFAR Staff
Rathauspl. 11, 3390 Melk, Austria
Melk’s most famous attraction, the magnificent Melk Abbey, sits on a bluff beside the Danube at the very spot where the ancient Romans once erected a fortress. The immense yellow Baroque structure—once a Babenberg palace, now an active seminary...
Rudnayovo námestie 1, 811 01 Bratislava-Staré Mesto, Slovakia
Bratislava’s architectural stock blends medieval stone buildings, grand 18th- and 19th-century palaces, many grim and boxy reminders of the Soviet era, and some whimsical and sleek modern edifices, all overseen by the dignified castle on the hill...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico