Collected by Emily Morton
Baku 1000, Azerbaijan
Most people who come to Azerbaijan and want to take home a souvenir usually end up with a rug, for which the country is famous. But if you're into kitsch (and not into rugs) there are plenty of other objects you can take home and cherish and...
Trains don't seem to be the number one choice in transportation, at least not for passengers, in Georgia. From what I was told, there is not a very extensive rail system in the country. In this particular train yard, where there were maybe 15-20...
I took a day trip from the Georgian capital of Tbilisi and headed an hour north to the Ananuri fortress. The ancient 17th-century complex is perched on a hill overlooking the sparkling turquoise-colored Aragvi River and Zhinvali Reservoir. It...
12 Bambis Rigi Street, T'bilisi, Georgia
Tbilisi is a gem of a city. Situated at a spectacular gorge at the muddy yellow-brownish river Jvari, its old town looks like an 19th-century eastern European town, which was preserved in a time capsule for 200 years. When you stroll through the...
Mt Elbrus, Kabardino-Balkaria, Russia, 361616
As the highest point in Europe and one of the Seven Summits of the World, Mt. Elbrus makes it onto most mountaineers’ bucket lists. This long-dormant volcano is situated between the Caspian and Black Seas on the rugged and dramatic Caucus mountain...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May