Collected by Jodie Parker
Like arepas in South America and gorditas in Mexico, pupusas are made of corn dough. In Central America, the dry corn for pupusa dough is soaked in an alkaline solution to remove the tough outer skin and preserve the nutrients in the kernels. In...
Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
On a hillside, just north of Antigua, stands this stone cross. From the top of Cerro de la Cruz (Hill of the Cross), you have sweeping views south over the city of Antigua with the magnificent Volcán de Agua, towering over the landscape. I would...
2 Avenida Sur, Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
We stumbled upon this place on an evening stroll in Antigua. I vote this bar run by an energetic couple, Carlos and Carolina, the most AFARish place in the city. You feel like you are in their living room because you basically are. You can dine...
1, Panajachel, Guatemala
Suddenly, we were confronted by a group of about 20 young men holding machetes, circling us, and mimicking my gringo Spanish. “Puedo pasar? “No, no puedes!” Uh-oh. Amidst the chaos of gleaming teeth and blades, laughter, taunts, and fear, I kind...
Barbie has always been such a fashion icon, so it's no surprise that she's branched out into world style. Thanks to a creative genius who envisioned dressing secondhand dolls in colorful local textiles, Barbie has been given a chance to represent...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Art The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum