Collected by Kimberley Player
Black volcanic sand, mangroves and tropical heat - Monterrico is a well known weekend destination for Guatemalans. I stayed in this village for one week taking Spanish classes at the language school and living with a local family. Everyone there...
5a Avenida Norte, Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
Few cities in Central America can rival Antigua Guatemala for its setting: a mile high, surrounded by volcanoes, with a spring-like climate all year round. The first time we visited Antigua, we spent a week here, taking intensive Spanish classes...
Col Satelite, La Ceiba, Honduras
Peaceful, serene getaway in the jungly mountains that border La Ceiba. Most people pass through this town en route to the Bay Islands but this hideaway is worth a night or two as is the rafting on the Rio Congrejal or the horseback riding. Oh, and...
Copán Department, Honduras
The hieroglyphic staircase at the ancient Maya site of Copan tells the story of the Copan dynasty in its entirety and is the longest inscribed Maya text ever discovered. I'm certain the sacrificial victims who were forced up these stairs to have...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December