Collected by Don Szumowski
La Rochelle, France
La Rochelle is a bustling seaside town in Northwest France. It's well worth spending a relaxed day wandering the streets of this French coastal city, on the Bay of Biscay. Walk along the Vieux Port, the heart of the city, and stop for an ice cream...
Praça do Comércio 3, 1100-148 Lisboa, Portugal
Martinho da Arcada is a Lisbon legend. Thanks to a friend's recommendation, I passed through it just to experience the phenomenon and look inside. The cafe was founded in 1778 as Café do Gelo (the Ice Cafe) and mostly sold beverages and ice. After...
Plaza del Marqués, 2, 33201 Gijón, Asturias, Spain
When most people think Spain they think Barcelona in the East, Madrid in the center or Andalucia in the South. All too often the north, with the region of Asturias, gets overlooked. Gijon, in Asturias, is beautiful. It may not have the tourist...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village