Collected by Shesellsseashels
Piazza del Duomo, 7, 95024 Acireale CT, Italy
This stretch of beaches and rocky islets north of Catania were named for their role in Homer’s legend of the Odyssey. In the story, it was here that Odysseus encountered the cyclops Polyphemus, and the lava rocks jutting from the sea are said to...
Piazza Duomo, 1, 95124 Catania CT, Italy
The Piazza del Duomo is the city's hub and where you'll find many notable historic buildings—including the Duomo itself, which was originally built in 1070 but rebuilt after an earthquake in the 1600s. This Baroque reconstruction earned the entire...
Via Mulino Santa Lucia, 95121 Catania CT, Italy
Maybe you're not looking to take a fresh branzino back to the ship with you, but that doesn’t mean you should skip this buzzing bazaar just off the Piazza del Duomo. The market happens weekday mornings and all day Saturday, with fishmongers...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022