Collected by Shesellsseashels
Piazza del Duomo, 7, 95024 Acireale CT, Italy
This stretch of beaches and rocky islets north of Catania were named for their role in Homer’s legend of the Odyssey. In the story, it was here that Odysseus encountered the cyclops Polyphemus, and the lava rocks jutting from the sea are said to...
Piazza Duomo, 1, 95124 Catania CT, Italy
The Piazza del Duomo is the city's hub and where you'll find many notable historic buildings—including the Duomo itself, which was originally built in 1070 but rebuilt after an earthquake in the 1600s. This Baroque reconstruction earned the entire...
Via Mulino Santa Lucia, 95121 Catania CT, Italy
Maybe you're not looking to take a fresh branzino back to the ship with you, but that doesn’t mean you should skip this buzzing bazaar just off the Piazza del Duomo. The market happens weekday mornings and all day Saturday, with fishmongers...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna