Collected by AFAR Explorer
Av. Rei Humberto II de Italia 7, 2750-800 Cascais, Portugal
At this renovated cliffside manor in Cascais, Portugal, the fashion designer Arkadius decorated a two-room suite with the black and deep reds of his 2003-2004 Urban Orchid collection. In the bedroom, a glistening gold-and-black-sequin sofa sits...
Av. 25 de Abril, 2750-642 Cascais, Portugal
This small indoor/outdoor shopping center is located on a bluff with gorgeous ocean views. There are shops in a historic building, kiosks, and outdoor restaurants underneath a lovely canopy of trees. Such a nice place to relax!
Bicesse, 2645-253 Alcabideche, Portugal
My first evening in Portugal, I visited Azulejos Artesanal, a tile factory in the village of Bicesse. Ruí has been painting tiles by hand for decades, and he gave me a personal tour of the facility. Whether he’s painting original new tiles made...
2750 Cascais, Portugal
However beautiful, after trekking a few miles along the plateaued, meandering streets of Lisbon to a hostel, my group was more than ready for a relaxing trip to the beach. After just a 30 minute trip on the local trains, we stumbled up this view...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Restaurants + Cafés Italy Is Getting Its First Starbucks and Italians Are Conflicted
- 4 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 5 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free