Collected by Kathryn Johnson
Calle 37, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
If this building seems to radiate a celestial calm, that's likely because it continues to serve as a working monastery. Founded in the early 17th century by the Augustinian order, the structure itself has undergone extensive renovations over the...
45, Cra. 10 #31, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
When you are tired of the larger restaurants in Cartagena and just can't look at another arepa con huevo, plan your escape to Malagana. This small, cheerfully designed duplex cafe and rooftop bar offers fresh and fruity signature cocktails in...
Cartagena Province, Bolivar, Colombia
Amidst the heat and crowd, you will find peace and calm at the San Pedro Claver. I just went in and sat for a few minutes on a hot Monday afternoon, and here, I found strength to battle the heat once more before heading out.
Cra. 7 #34-23, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
It was a hot steamy night as I walked up the stairs into the dance studio and startled the tall man lounging on a metal chair. He didn’t speak English, but that was ok as all I had to do was follow his lead. He turned on the overhead fans, looked...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 3History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 4Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 5Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World