Collected by Allison Kloek
Playa Blanca, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
finally made it to playa blanca after waiting 2 1/2 hours for the boat to leave - and it did not disappoint. haggle with the locals for a beach massage, fresh oysters and coconut juice! go to mama ruth's for lunch and if you plan to stay the...
Cra. 17, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
For a sense of Cartagena’s colonial past, take two short taxi rides from the old city. Built in the 17th century, the Castillo de San Felipe de Barajas was an impregnable, tunnel-filled Spanish fort that kept both pirates and the English Navy at...
Chino, Cartagena, Cartagena Province, Bolivar, Colombia
stared at this fishmonger for 2 1/2 hours while waiting for our boat to leave for playa blanca. per our lonely planet guide, boats leave every half-hour - so you can just imagine what the wait did to us! get the boat at Muelle Turistico de la...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun