Collected by Emilio D Botts
Calle del Colegio # 34-60 Local 1, Centro Histórico, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
Don Juan Restaurante is a high-end restaurant in the Historic Centre of Cartagena. Cartagena is world renown for its gastronomy and this place is its Mecca. An absolute delight. Ask any local or business owner and they will show you the way. Buon...
Zapatero, Cartagena, Cartagena Province, Bolivar, Colombia
All those in the know know that Colombia has recently shed its illustrious past, emerging as a hotspot for the sophisticated traveler. And for good reason... from the grand colonial Spanish architecture to the charming cafe & boutique lined...
Cartagena Province, Bolivar, Colombia
Leaving the skyline of Cartagena behind a wall of sea spray from the motorboat that propelled us toward Isla Del Piratas was one of the best things that ever happened to us during our journey in Colombia. Broken Spanish aside, booking the voyage...
Cl. 35, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
Street vendors sell the best regional crafts. At Plaza Santo Domingo, look for artisans displaying beaded necklaces made from small chirilla seeds. Or try on mochilas, handbags that indigenous Colombians weave from natural and brown-dyed wool....
Cra. 17, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
For a sense of Cartagena’s colonial past, take two short taxi rides from the old city. Built in the 17th century, the Castillo de San Felipe de Barajas was an impregnable, tunnel-filled Spanish fort that kept both pirates and the English Navy at...
- 1TechThe Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric
- 2History + CulturePortugal’s Exquisite Historic Lodgings Offer a Window to the Past
- 3Restaurants + CafésTar, Spaghetti, and Other Totally Real Ice Cream Flavors You Need to Try in Europe
- 4Exceptional Travel ExperiencesThe True Magic of Machu Picchu Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 5Museums + GalleriesAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps