Collected by Emilio D Botts
Calle del Colegio # 34-60 Local 1, Centro Histórico, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
Don Juan Restaurante is a high-end restaurant in the Historic Centre of Cartagena. Cartagena is world renown for its gastronomy and this place is its Mecca. An absolute delight. Ask any local or business owner and they will show you the way. Buon...
Zapatero, Cartagena, Cartagena Province, Bolivar, Colombia
I was strolling around the old town of Cartagena recently when I stopped to admire the exotic fruit on a street corner. I pointed to pile of apple-sized red fruit and asked what it was. The fruit seller replied: "mejillas del gringo." Translated,...
Cartagena Province, Bolivar, Colombia
Leaving the skyline of Cartagena behind a wall of sea spray from the motorboat that propelled us toward Isla Del Piratas was one of the best things that ever happened to us during our journey in Colombia. Broken Spanish aside, booking the voyage...
Cl. 35, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
Street vendors sell the best regional crafts. At Plaza Santo Domingo, look for artisans displaying beaded necklaces made from small chirilla seeds. Or try on mochilas, handbags that indigenous Colombians weave from natural and brown-dyed wool....
Cra. 17, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
For a sense of Cartagena’s colonial past, take two short taxi rides from the old city. Built in the 17th century, the Castillo de San Felipe de Barajas was an impregnable, tunnel-filled Spanish fort that kept both pirates and the English Navy at...
- 1 Travel News There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Holiday Travel Required Reading: 29 New Books for Every Type of Traveler
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village