Collected by Hector Bardeguez
Good 4 Day getaway
Cra. 17, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
For a sense of Cartagena’s colonial past, take two short taxi rides from the old city. Built in the 17th century, the Castillo de San Felipe de Barajas was an impregnable, tunnel-filled Spanish fort that kept both pirates and the English...
Loma de Marion, Cartagena, Cartagena Province, Bolivar, Colombia
The seven-room Tcherassi Hotel and Spa is an ode to modernism set in a renovated 250-year-old mansion. Colombian-born fashion designer Silvia Tcherassi named each room after a fancy fabric (the trilevel penthouse is called the Gazar). After a...
Cl. 35, Cartagena, Provincia de Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
Street vendors sell the best regional crafts. At Plaza Santo Domingo, look for artisans displaying beaded necklaces made from small chirilla seeds. Or try on mochilas, handbags that indigenous Colombians weave from natural and brown-dyed wool....
Calle Del Torno 39-29, Cartagena, Provincia de Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
Walk around the prettied-up city of Cartagena long enough and you're bound to see the Botero sculpture of the curvy lady on Plaza de Santo Domingo. But a lesser known Botero--because it's tucked away in the courtyard of the lovely Sofitel Santa...
- 1 Travel News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 2 Travel News Where Can Americans Travel Right Now?
- 3 Natural Wonders The Best Meteor Shower of the Year, the Perseids, Peaks Soon
- 4 Cities We Love The Best Cities in the United States in 2020
- 5 Air Travel Should Fliers Wear Goggles and Face Shields on a Plane?